Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Jumping on the Bandwagon

Thanks to Pinterest and online shopping (the only kind for an introverted homebody like me), it's hard to be oblivious to the trending summer motifs. Palm leaves, flamingos and pineapple prints have left their trails far wider than the usual track of summer's tropical storms. 




Of course, their range of application extends beyond the months of summer. Halloween, for example, is a perfect time to don a Pineapple-themed costume:


Pineapple Costume

Or you could go the flamingo route:


And during the holiday season, you can keep the spirit of summer alive by giving your Christmas tree some tropical flair. 
Pineapple Christmas Tree

All kidding aside, as I inch towards the finish line of my master bedroom makeover (13 months and counting...), I was on the look out for a set of lamps to flank our bed. Actually I intended to DIY some awesome pendant lights to free up nightstand space, but when I saw a pair of pineapple lamps for sale on a local Facebook page, I decided to save myself the trouble. Besides, any space saved on my nightstand would only be commandeered by clutter. 

Pineapple Lamp

They had a very Tuscan look that I wasn't feeling. Thankfully, my completely under control spray paint collection came in handy once again.

The Midas touch.

I also got the chance to incorporate the flamingo trend when I saw these cute little things at the thrift store.



 I love a good kitschy salt and pepper shaker set. I might turn into that person with the extreme collection.

I've got a long ways to go. I only own three sets currently.

So, what do you think? Do you try to mix trends with the classic, or are you content to let them pass on by?

4 comments:

  1. Stay the way it is...like mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same dilemma Sarah! :,(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What dilemma? You don't have enough salt and pepper shakers? Sounds like we need to go shopping!

      Delete