Saturday, January 31, 2015

The list belonging to Craig:

"There is nothing new under the sun" Ecc. 1:9

I admit, without shame, that there is nothing new under my roof (I'm looking at you, expired-sour-cream-that-I-wanted-to-eat).

Living an hour away from any Craigslist hub is tough, but every now and then, I see something I can't resist and (it feels like) I move heaven and earth to seal the deal.

Case in point: this $25 green velvet tufted couch that I found at 1am on Austin's Craigslist. Sure I had to call up an ex to pick it up and hold it till I could make the 3 hour round trip, but use what you got, right?


Or there's this mid century table with the brass details on the legs that I NEEDED in my life. My sister-in-law happened to be in San Antone with her truck and a few phone calls later, it was headed for my place. 

RIP All the plants I've ever owned...


 Occasionally I can find a treasure locally:


Looking at this picture, I realized that all the furniture shown was equally expensive: $10. Garage sales are hit and miss but these diamonds in the rough were worth all the sifted junk.

After fantasizing of spending hundreds of dollars on a beautiful mid century credenza, this thing showed up on my local Facebook garage sale group for $25. @#$%!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment